A unique feature of PDF Assistant is the ability to view PDF documents in the traditional vertical scrolling mode or in book mode. In the book mode, the PDF document is shown in a two-page format. Users can flip pages of their document just like a real book.
PDF Assistant also allows highlights and notes to be easily exported as RTF(d) files. Actually this is the only PDF application in the Mac App Store that allows you to export all of your notes and additions into a separate file (TXT, RTF, RTFD).
PDF Assistant is an extremely versatile application that allows you to:
• Fully customise how you view and read PDFs (including a double page book reader mode)
• Underline or highlight passages
• Add graphic elements (arrows, call outs, circles, etc.)
• Take notes
• Grab selections
• And export all of your notes to a separate file.
• Double View Mode – book reader style with swiping pages or standard scrolling page
• Easy Underlining/Highlighting – in any color
• Take Notes – jot notes down right on the PDF page
• Draw – add arrows, call outs, shapes
• Grab – grab selections (text or graphics)
• Add links – both internal (page) and external (url)
• Full Search – original pdf and all added notes
• Easy Zoom – pinch-to-zoom feature
• Fully customizable page color – for less tiring reading
• Thumbnail Mode
• Pop-up Table of Contents
• Automatic Save
• Speak Text Function – for the visually impaired
• Zero Battery Consumption – App Nap technology
Also PDF Assistant is the only PDF software that allows you to change the color of the PDF pages. This is particularly helpful to make reading easier and less tiring on your eyes.
PDF Assistant is fully compliant with the newest Apple technology, App Nap. This technology was designed to consume the least amount of CPU and memory power possible. Additionally, PDF Assistant saves power by using only integrated CGPU for its animations. Therefore, PDF Assistant only consumes energy when strictly necessary.